Voidspace

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Voidspace

Voidspace playbypost

+2
Ishmael
DM
6 posters

The bridge of the Defiant

DM
    Admin

The bridge of the Defiant Empty The bridge of the Defiant

Post by DM Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:22 am

A strong smell of burnt metal hangs in the air. The limp form of Volt is slumped over the navigation console, blood gushing from his now missing arm and pools on the glass inlaid map readout. A weak wheeze slips through his broken pallid lips, eyes pinpoint fixed in a look of shock and helplessness. The alarms are blaring over the whistling sound of planar winds emanating from the missing view screen. The plane of Irryevik looms ahead with a myriad of void ships flitting in and out of the corona unaware of what is to come. The party are strewn across the floor as though slammed from a great distance.

After several minutes of stunned confusion the alarm gives way to the defiants voice crackling over the intercom:

-- Warning massive damage due to major temporal event detected--

Engines offline
    Weapons systems offline
    Gellar field at 9%
    Sheilds offline
    Life support at 15%
    Transporter offline
    Communications system offline
    Ship spirit array memory banks 67% corrupted

--Warning massive damage due to major temporal event detected--
    Ishmael

The bridge of the Defiant Empty Re: The bridge of the Defiant

Post by Ishmael Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:20 am

The heap of sharkskin in the corner of the bridge shifted and groaned. The heap of sharkskin grew horns and hooves and a clawed hand reaching for the scorched wall for support. Ishmael rose, wearing the bruising impact of being tossed through time and space like a rowboat riding a tsunami into a cliff. He knew where they were without having to look out through the missing viewport. Jury still on when.

The light in the cockpit was dim. Everything nonessential diverted into life support and gellar. The air already felt thin and dry. Showers of sparks from the ruined controls and the red glow of warning messages provided enough light for him to see and he started moving towards the nearest humanoid shape. The floor was tacky underhoof. Bloody. "Brandy? Salt?"

A flash of sparks illuminated a body slumped over the map table. Finding Volt in a hurry to bleed out was tempered by the relief that it wasn’t anybody else pale and disarmed instead. Anybody smaller. Ishmael reached for Melora’s blessing automatically, towards the vast body of water below them, preparing to lay on hands. Hoping not to reach past it like trying to grab an afterimage, grasping at nothing, like he had on that godsforsaken prison world.
    DM
    Admin

Post by DM Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:46 am

Ishmael wrote:The heap of sharkskin in the corner of the bridge shifted and groaned. The heap of sharkskin grew horns and hooves and a clawed hand reaching for the scorched wall for support. Ishmael rose, wearing the bruising impact of being tossed through time and space like a rowboat riding a tsunami into a cliff. He knew where they were without having to look out through the missing viewport. Jury still on when.

The light in the cockpit was dim. Everything nonessential diverted into life support and gellar. The air already felt thin and dry. Showers of sparks from the ruined controls and the red glow of warning messages provided enough light for him to see and he started moving towards the nearest humanoid shape. The floor was tacky underhoof. Bloody. "Brandy? Salt?"

A flash of sparks illuminated a body slumped over the map table. Finding Volt in a hurry to bleed out was tempered by the relief that it wasn’t anybody else pale and disarmed instead. Anybody smaller. Ishmael reached for Melora’s blessing automatically, towards the vast body of water below them, preparing to lay on hands. Hoping not to reach past it like trying to grab an afterimage, grasping at nothing, like he had on that godsforsaken prison world.

A light bends from Ishmaels hand and falls upon the stump stitching the wound. there is an empty void within volt like something didn't make it back across the gulf of time. the wound knitted shut but the arm did not regrow the body that once housed volt reflexively pushed itself to a standing position. The ability to walk was too much for the corpse as it slumped to the ground. The head nodded as it slammed back against the console revealing inky black empty eyes.

--Rerouting failed power conduits damaged--

The dim light flickered as a majestic baleen mass breaches the view from the cockpit. The void whale's moan echoed across the bridge rattling the fixtures. Its pale purple underbelly drifts upwards shimmering rainbow pilot fish in tow unnoticed by the giant. the void ship rocked as the tail absentmindedly flicks against the hull sending the vessel into a slow nauseating spin.

Several green plate armor clad freebooters are seen gasping for air and clutching their rapidly mutating forms as they are exposed to the horrors of untempered void space.
    Salt

Post by Salt Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:19 am

For a few more moments of terrifying clarity, Salt knew once again what it was to think without his mind saturated with arcane energy.

Then, as the alarms, heat, and wind made it through to his senses, so too did the ever-present magic re-enter his being, nestling in like an impatient cat returned its favourite basket.

What a rush. He felt gluttonously complete once again, replete with power. It pushed aside the disoriented thoughts of reservation, left no room for them. Salt leaped to his feet, a wide grin across his blood and grime-smeared face, the pain of many minor injuries un-felt.

"A ha. That's not what usually happens," Salt said, observing Ishmael's efforts to heal Volt. "How about you keep trying to repair folks down here, I'll see about repairing the ship?"

Hmm, and maybe try to locate some voidsuits, considering those unfortunate floating folks. Salt sauntered off, intermittently calling out for Ulam, making his way toward the primary power systems.
    DM
    Admin

Post by DM Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:02 pm

Salt wrote:For a few more moments of terrifying clarity, Salt knew once again what it was to think without his mind saturated with arcane energy.

Then, as the alarms, heat, and wind made it through to his senses, so too did the ever-present magic re-enter his being, nestling in like an impatient cat returned its favourite basket.

What a rush. He felt gluttonously complete once again, replete with power. It pushed aside the disoriented thoughts of reservation, left no room for them. Salt leaped to his feet, a wide grin across his blood and grime-smeared face, the pain of many minor injuries un-felt.

"A ha. That's not what usually happens," Salt said, observing Ishmael's efforts to heal Volt. "How about you keep trying to repair folks down here, I'll see about repairing the ship?"

Hmm, and maybe try to locate some voidsuits, considering those unfortunate floating folks. Salt sauntered off, intermittently calling out for Ulam, making his way toward the primary power systems.

Ulam snarls as she slams through the remains of the door of her cabin. Salt I swear to fuck if you dont stop yelling im gonna brain ya. Her hot orcish breath tainted heavily by alcohol. A look of realization crept across her face as she saw the extent of the damage. "What did that little shit Brandy crash us into this time?" Ulam pushed past Salt and stampeded towards the bridge. Moments after Ulam left the lights flickered and died leaving Salt alone in the darkness. Minutes pass and an oddly familiar rattle of gunfire and droning engines trickles down the hallway.

"zu den Schützengräben kommen, feindlicher Magier ankommend"

the hallway fills with the smell of cordite blood and diesel. A man in a german uniform stumble down the corridor backwards falling into salt. he looks up at salts swirling face.

"Der Magier, er ist hier!" the man screams in pure terror.

The man draws a pistol and place it against his head quickly the slide goes back and the man is no longer.
    Silaqui

Post by Silaqui Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:27 pm

A mass of shadows writhed in a corner, a strangely soothing and comforting violin song coming from within its depths. Suddenly a human shriek pierced the air and the shadows collapsed upon themselves.

Silaqui opened her eyes to destruction all around, although it was not the destruction she had seen moments beforehand in the prison. Her head ached and pounded from the force of being thrown through time and space. She saw Volt's body slumping to the ground and heard Salt's voice through the ringing in her ears, though she couldn't make out the words.

She dragged herself slowly to her feet and looked at the wreckage of the Defiant. She heard the alarms ringing and heard Computer's voice "Rerouting failed. Power conduits damaged."

As Silaqui turned to face the front of the bridge, her ears finally clearing of the obnoxious ringing, she heard a void whale breach and saw Freebooters mutating before her eyes. She began to worry about how long the Gellar field around the ship would hold, how long the oxygen would last.

She suddenly realised that she felt strange. More whole than she had since she had died, but still oddly empty. Silaqui finally felt as though her mind was one piece again, but she knew that a large chunk of it was still missing. She remembered seeing the odd Mind Flayer on the prison plane, remembering how it looked exactly like her, except for being made entirely of tentacles. 'What was that thing?' She wondered, 'and why did it feel so familiar? Better yet, why did my mind automatically reject it's probing? And what the hell are we doing back at Irryevik?' With so many thoughts racing through her mind, she wrapped her the shadows around herself, hoping that they would help to protect her when the ship finally broke down completely, and went in search of the rest of her friends who she had not seen awaken yet, when she heard the comforting heavy clomp of Ulam's feet on the gangway.
    DM
    Admin

Post by DM Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:17 pm

Silaqui wrote:A mass of shadows writhed in a corner, a strangely soothing and comforting violin song coming from within its depths. Suddenly a human shriek pierced the air and the shadows collapsed upon themselves.

Silaqui opened her eyes to destruction all around, although it was not the destruction she had seen moments beforehand in the prison. Her head ached and pounded from the force of being thrown through time and space. She saw Volt's body slumping to the ground and heard Salt's voice through the ringing in her ears, though she couldn't make out the words.

She dragged herself slowly to her feet and looked at the wreckage of the Defiant. She heard the alarms ringing and heard Computer's voice "Rerouting failed. Power conduits damaged."

As Silaqui turned to face the front of the bridge, her ears finally clearing of the obnoxious ringing, she heard a void whale breach and saw Freebooters mutating before her eyes. She began to worry about how long the Gellar field around the ship would hold, how long the oxygen would last.

She suddenly realised that she felt strange. More whole than she had since she had died, but still oddly empty. Silaqui finally felt as though her mind was one piece again, but she knew that a large chunk of it was still missing. She remembered seeing the odd Mind Flayer on the prison plane, remembering how it looked exactly like her, except for being made entirely of tentacles. 'What was that thing?' She wondered, 'and why did it feel so familiar? Better yet, why did my mind automatically reject it's probing? And what the hell are we doing back at Irryevik?' With so many thoughts racing through her mind, she wrapped her the shadows around herself, hoping that they would help to protect her when the ship finally broke down completely, and went in search of the rest of her friends who she had not seen awaken yet, when she heard the comforting heavy clomp of Ulam's feet on the gangway.

"Dark one, what happened? did we crash? are you injured?" Ulam stammered. She stopped short as her eyes met volts slumped over corpse her jaw dropped. She faked a cough and grumbled to cover a return to composure. "seems hes not Mr Invincible like he thought huh?" She half heartedly quipped. Ulam scooped up volts corpse and started towards the door "im going to put the elf to bed, he looks..... tired"

As Ulam left the shadow surrounding Silaqui grew to cover the floor in a low mist. from the dark mist rose a shadowy figure with piercing warm yellow eyes. "My Child, I am sorry for my absence and I hope I managed to see you grow to become the strong woman I knew you were going to be before I had to go. If you are listening to this my days are done but please dont feel bad for me, Ive lived a very long life and have seen so much. However I must apologise as I fear a great burden has fallen upon you. I must leave you my greatest treasure and my greatest duty, Travel to planar Co-Ordinates TTY977 you have the key already to unlock her she is yours as long as you look out for her inhabitants as your own as I have for these many millenia. Silaqui I know you will do the right thing. And most of all know that I always loved you"
    Silaqui

Post by Silaqui Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:22 pm

Silaqui felt an all too familiar wetness on her cheeks. "Dad," she cried out, "please don't go! Don't leave me alone, you're the only family I have left." But her pleas were in vain. She watched with her heart breaking as her father's figure dissipated into the nothingness. She felt lonlier that she ever had in her life. The destruction of her father's ship had just been confirmed for her. Silaqui wiped the last of her tears from her face and pulled herself erect, wondering about the coordinates her father had given her.

"I love you too, dad," she said to the empty space in front of her, as she wondered what he had meant when saying she already had the key. He had given her nothing special in the time they had spent together on his ship. But she would figure it out in time, she would have to. She wanted to look up the coordinates on the planar chart, but knew that it would drain vital battery power from the ship.

'I can do that later' she thought to herself. She knew that some of her friends still hadn't come to. She had to find them.

Silaqui started pulling apart piles of wreckage, looking for the others. After a few moments of this, but what felt like an eternity, she heard a low moan coming from under a scrap pile nearby, and went to help whoever was underneath it.
    Salt

Post by Salt Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:46 pm

Salt stared transfixed in the direction of the familiar sound, remembered images flashing behind his eyes. As the soldier stumbled into him, Salt did nothing. As horrified screams were flung in his face, Salt merely stood and watched. As the gun popped deafeningly and blood flecked his nebula skin, Salt didn't even flinch.

But some part of Salt beneath the calm was screaming too.

The stomp of Ulam's boots from behind broke the trance, and Salt glanced over his shoulder to see the big woman with Volt slung over her shoulder.

"Ulam, can you...see this?" Salt said, gesturing vaguely at where the soldier's corpse had toppled before him. "More importantly, can you help me get some of these systems back online? I was thinking of heading down to check the power core, but honestly I've still barely any idea how this ship runs."

DM
    Admin

Post by DM Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:23 am

Salt wrote:Salt stared transfixed in the direction of the familiar sound, remembered images flashing behind his eyes. As the soldier stumbled into him, Salt did nothing. As horrified screams were flung in his face, Salt merely stood and watched. As the gun popped deafeningly and blood flecked his nebula skin, Salt didn't even flinch.

But some part of Salt beneath the calm was screaming too.

The stomp of Ulam's boots from behind broke the trance, and Salt glanced over his shoulder to see the big woman with Volt slung over her shoulder.

"Ulam, can you...see this?" Salt said, gesturing vaguely at where the soldier's corpse had toppled before him. "More importantly, can you help me get some of these systems back online? I was thinking of heading down to check the power core, but honestly I've still barely any idea how this ship runs."

"Power core.... yeah, thats good idea Salt. Im just going to take the elf to bed as hes tired, then ill help you with the engines and the dead dude. We need to look after each other ya know" Ulams eyes were blank with pain as she stomped down the hallway carefully stepping over the dead soldier. She dropped her shoulder into volts door and barged her way in. A rustling emanated from volts room as Ulam tucked him into bed. She backed out slowly and quietly closed the door. Her big meaty finger met her pursed lips "Shhhh, we shouldn't wake him he seems really tired" Ulam with one hand scooped up the soldiers limp body and heaved it over her shoulder. "Lets go to the engine room and see what we can find, we will get rid of the body in the furnace while we are there".

She leads off down the hallway towards the spiraling star case to the lower decks.

down the stairs there are more sounds of battle and flashing white lights that disapear as soon as they're heard.

the lower decks are riddled with holes making it a severe hazard to navigate. slumped against the wall of the lower landing sits cookie whos mechanical arm fired off wildly despite its bearer being knocked unconscious.

Brandy Tealeaf

Post by Brandy Tealeaf Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:39 am

Sparks erupt from the corner of the room as Brandy sneezes. Her nose and eyes igniting thankfully preventing her from seeing most of what is in her field of vision.
    She wipes her nose on her bloody sleeve and curls up tighter into a ball. Her tiny form becomes nothing more than a cat like ball, sucking an anonymous detached thumb in place of her own by mistake.

Her feet hurt, her body aches but she was blocked from more damage from something rough and large. She remembers something blue and white glancing across her.
    Still reeling from the smell of vomit, and worse, Brandy cries uncontrollably into her grazed knees. All her preparations. Nothing prepares you for this.
    DM
    Admin

Post by DM Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:56 am

Brandy Tealeaf wrote:Sparks erupt from the corner of the room as Brandy sneezes. Her nose and eyes igniting thankfully preventing her from seeing most of what is in her field of vision.
    She wipes her nose on her bloody sleeve and curls up tighter into a ball. Her tiny form becomes nothing more than a cat like ball, sucking an anonymous detached thumb in place of her own by mistake.

Her feet hurt, her body aches but she was blocked from more damage from something rough and large. She remembers something blue and white glancing across her.
    Still reeling from the smell of vomit, and worse, Brandy cries uncontrollably into her grazed knees. All her preparations. Nothing prepares you for this.

The words of her monasteries master floats across her consciousness. "When pain knocks on your door, invite it in for tea" his kindly blue eyes and the knowing smile.

small flickers of flame trickled down brandy's thighs like tiny broken fireflies, scorching the deck as they fell.

Cookie stomps into the room Spotting the sputtering fire in the corner. "Little one, now isnt the time for blubbering. Half the ship is banjaxed and my galley is a veritable pig stye. Come on now lass I could use your help setting things right" Cookie went to extend a hand, pausing for a moment thought better and offered his mechanical hand instead.

Brandy Tealeaf

Post by Brandy Tealeaf Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:50 pm

Brandy dragged herself up to full height and pulled on her pain like a rope, transforming into her healing light form. She begins moving through the room still sniffling and holding Cookies mechanical hand, working on the wounded and trying not to reach for the familiar warmth in her pocket.
    DM
    Admin

Post by DM Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:49 pm

Brandy Tealeaf wrote:Brandy dragged herself up to full height and pulled on her pain like a rope, transforming into her healing light form. She begins moving through the room still sniffling and holding Cookies mechanical hand, working on the wounded and trying not to reach for the familiar warmth in her pocket.

Cookie grabbed brandys hand and starts to head down the corridor to the spiralling wooden staircase to the lower decks. leaning against the wall of the staircase halfway down stands a short asianic man in a pale yellow uniform. his bayonetted rifle leaned beside him.

"Sono yōna kimyōna ikimono wa dokodesu ka?" the man snapped.

He picked his rifle up and aimed it at cookie slowly backing down the stairs visually terrified. He gradually dissapears from sight. after following him down you find no sign of the mysterious man.
    Brandy Tealeaf

Post by Brandy Tealeaf Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:08 pm

Brandy head tilts like a confused puppy at the disappearance of the man she was going to take her gear back from. He had nice shiny things to disperse among her friends.

She finds downstairs is too quiet, too creepy and heads back up through the decks looking for the most injured to heal. She stumbles across Ulam, carrying a large lump of flesh with blood still dripping out of his fresh, brain-covered head hole. She repeats her puppy head tilt and begins climbing up to fetch through his pockets. When she spots Salt with Ulam, she checks him over for cuts and scrapes and feels reassured that not everybody she cares for is dead, yet.

DM
    Admin

Post by DM Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:44 pm

Brandy Tealeaf wrote:Brandy head tilts like a confused puppy at the disappearance of the man she was going to take her gear back from. He had nice shiny things to disperse among her friends.

She finds downstairs is too quiet, too creepy and heads back up through the decks looking for the most injured to heal. She stumbles across Ulam, carrying a large lump of flesh with blood still dripping out of his fresh, brain-covered head hole. She repeats her puppy head tilt and begins climbing up to fetch through his pockets. When she spots Salt with Ulam, she checks him over for cuts and scrapes and feels reassured that not everybody she cares for is dead, yet.

In his pockets is a small leather bound book with a logo of a bird carying a log in its talons at the top and the words Deutsches Reich Reisepass below.
    the book seems to be identification documents. there is also a small white flower in his pocket with a faintly sweet scent

Salt looks ralatively undamaged however his skin is coated with swirling nebulae that are moving far quicker than normal like something is disturbing the sky that dominates salts skin. across his skin however various vessels of wildly differing makes from simple rockets to huge capital ships that resemble flying continents.
    Ishmael

Post by Ishmael Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:06 pm

Melora’s power went into Volt but Ishmael couldn’t tell where it was going; the wound closed up and the drip of blowed slowed slowed slowed stopped. Volt rose. Volt dropped. Ishmael couldn’t catch him, but when he crouched down to check for pulse he came face to face only with busted black eyes. Ishmael reached out and closed them.

He rose. A low song filled the cockpit as the whale drifted past them, blotting out the sky. A good omen. A white-hot light filled the cockpit and Ishmael prepared to find a console fire, some critical systems failure - but instead Brandy appeared, clutching Cookie’s arm. Salt was on his feet, Ulam scooping up Volt. Silaqui on the move. Most of his crew alive and well. A week to keep them that way. If the Defiant didn’t fall out of the sky first. Needed power to the Gellar. Needed their pilot. Ishmael followed Brandy out the cockpit, momentarily blinded by her light, wrist raised above his eyes to shield them so he didn’t see Salt and Ulam until he was nearly on top of them. Brandy was rifling through a dead man's pockets. Not a familiar face.

“We need to power the gellar field,”
    Ishmael said. “Brandy, can you feed the engines? Ulam, how bad’s the damage?”
    Salt

Post by Salt Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:57 pm

Oblivious to the drama playing out across the surface of his flesh, Salt grins as Brandy emerges with the cook.

"Another two familiar faces accounted for, then. But it seems we have some unfamiliar faces as well," he said, gesturing at the corpse in Ulam's arms who was recently relieved of his belongings by Brandy. "Anything interesting on him? He seemed to recognise me."

Salt glanced about nonchalantly at the confused looks. "Oh, I didn't kill him. He did that all by himself; I'm trying not to be too offended. We should be on the look out for any others like him, wherever they came from, they may be hostile."

He nods purposefully at Ulam, then Ishmael. "Captain, we're going to see if we can get the power back online. Until we know more about these intruders perhaps it would be best to stay together?"
    DM
    Admin

Post by DM Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:21 am

Ishmael wrote:Melora’s power went into Volt but Ishmael couldn’t tell where it was going; the wound closed up and the drip of blowed slowed slowed slowed stopped. Volt rose. Volt dropped. Ishmael couldn’t catch him, but when he crouched down to check for pulse he came face to face only with busted black eyes. Ishmael reached out and closed them.

He rose. A low song filled the cockpit as the whale drifted past them, blotting out the sky. A good omen. A white-hot light filled the cockpit and Ishmael prepared to find a console fire, some critical systems failure - but instead Brandy appeared, clutching Cookie’s arm. Salt was on his feet, Ulam scooping up Volt. Silaqui on the move. Most of his crew alive and well. A week to keep them that way. If the Defiant didn’t fall out of the sky first. Needed power to the Gellar. Needed their pilot. Ishmael followed Brandy out the cockpit, momentarily blinded by her light, wrist raised above his eyes to shield them so he didn’t see Salt and Ulam until he was nearly on top of them. Brandy was rifling through a dead man's pockets. Not a familiar face.

“We need to power the gellar field,”
    Ishmael said. “Brandy, can you feed the engines? Ulam, how bad’s the damage?”

"Captain, The void engines are damaged and we are leaking fuel. The gellar field generator is intact but the conduits powering it are almost entirely shot. Weapons systems are offline and the two of four ammunition's stores have been compromised by breaches in the hull. the deflector sheilding is running way beyond capacity and Its refusing commands to deactivate. Also navigation is going haywire our position is jumping all over the map. Where should I start the repairs captain?" Ulam reports snapping to attention.

Volt lets out a quiet moan and tossles to and fro as though having a nightmare. "Raewyn, I dont want to go" mumbles Volt.

Salt wrote:Oblivious to the drama playing out across the surface of his flesh, Salt grins as Brandy emerges with the cook.

"Another two familiar faces accounted for, then. But it seems we have some unfamiliar faces as well," he said, gesturing at the corpse in Ulam's arms who was recently relieved of his belongings by Brandy. "Anything interesting on him? He seemed to recognise me."

Salt glanced about nonchalantly at the confused looks. "Oh, I didn't kill him. He did that all by himself; I'm trying not to be too offended. We should be on the look out for any others like him, wherever they came from, they may be hostile."

He nods purposefully at Ulam, then Ishmael. "Captain, we're going to see if we can get the power back online. Until we know more about these intruders perhaps it would be best to stay together?"  

Salt feels Surges of chrono-magic pulse throughout the ship something was seriously wrong with the magical energies around the ship. The surges come  in rapid choppy waves that ebb and flow like a turbulent sea

--Chronological anomalies detected on lower decks--

A loud rumble of engines and a rattling of machine gun fire cuts through the conversation. A squealing and a crash and a planes nose punches through the deck down the corridor with a large explosion. Stopped only by the wings boring into the walls. The propeller is smashed off and buries itself into the ceiling. the cockpit slides back and falls with a whumph to the floor revealing an unconscious human pilot in a light brown leather jacket and a bright white scarf wrapped around his neck. A small gash drips blood down his face slightly obscured by his flight cap which sits cock sided covering one eye from the impact.
    Brandy Tealeaf

Post by Brandy Tealeaf Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:13 pm

Brandy wordlessly shows the weird diary to Salt by vaguely waving it at his thigh height. When he doesn't immediately spot the tiny figure vying for attention in front of him she slips the strange dead mans belongings into Salts pockets.

She moves towards the engines swiftly and silently. Looking through the engines she feels overwhelmed, knowing nothing about it's workings but attempting to find a way to connect herself. Sparks shower her from different panels and wires hang loosely above.
    DM
    Admin

Post by DM Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:12 pm

Brandy Tealeaf wrote:Brandy wordlessly shows the weird diary to Salt by vaguely waving it at his thigh height. When he doesn't immediately spot the tiny figure vying for attention in front of him she slips the strange dead mans belongings into Salts pockets.

She moves towards the engines swiftly and silently. Looking through the engines she feels overwhelmed, knowing nothing about it's workings but attempting to find a way to connect herself. Sparks shower her from different panels and wires hang loosely above.

The engines three turbines turned over unevenly stopping part way through rotation for a moment as though something was jammed in them. A slow leak from the fuel injector dribbled on the floor pooling with the shifting chromatic glow of quicksilver. The hum of the engine drowned out the noise of the busy ship and was oddly calming in its cadence. The shield generator is pulsating with a blue glow and is vibrating rapidly. crudely wired to the front of it is a device that's clearly meant to be wrist mounted.

Mellin popped his fiery little head out of brandy's pocket. "Something smells tasty! I wanna nom!" he pointed a tiny flickering finger at the wrist device.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The void whale let out a low bellowing cry which rocked the defiant. Its large fin dropped and it spun to orbit the wrecked hull. The ship creaked and groaned as the whale circled the defiant. The pilots arm flopped out of the cockpit. Affixed to the shoulder is a blue patch with a white eagle with a wizards hat on it and a name call sign patch "salt".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Brandy Tealeaf

Post by Brandy Tealeaf Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:02 pm

Brandy charges up her electrical forme, hoping it will protect her from the worst of the damages and asks Mellin to act as her torch as best he can.

She tries rooting through the turbines with her wee fingers, seeking to dislodge whatever is in them without squashing herself in the process. Brandy finds the turbines large enough and the fans far enough apart that she can climb in behind them. Finally her size is an advantage when magma is not involved. She clears the turbines, quick to hop out of the way before the fan blades chop her up into tiny pieces and hops down to mop up the quicksilver. Before she can reach it Mellin has scuttled across the floor and begins downing it in great quantities. Slurping it down he seems happy so she leaves him to his meal.

The tiny watch strap looked interesting enough, and like it had no place being wired up. Brandy pulls hard the on the device and snaps it away from all the wires it's on. It's Far too big to go on her arm, she uses the wires that came along with it to fashion it into a sort of sash.

Scooping up Mellin she tries to reattach the wires that came out by roughly plugging same coloured things into same coloured things and making sense of the jigsaw infront of her.
    Salt

Post by Salt Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:30 pm

Salt was about to set off after Brandy towards the engines when a strange contraption burst catastrophically into the corridor. Struggling to keep his feet Salt wondered idly how much more punishment the poor Defiant could endure. He glanced back at Ishmael and Ulam.

"Someone should probably go help Brandy. I'll handle this thing."

He advanced, cautious but curious, magical energy gathered in a palm. The machine coughed and rattled. Its occupant was silent. As the void whale jolted the ship that occupant's arm dropped into Salt's view, and he saw his own name emblazoned on it. More images assaulted his subconscious. The announcement's words, "chronological anomalies detected on lower decks," echoed in his ears.

"Well that sure is something," he said, then roughly grabbed the unconscious man and dragged him from the wreck. Salt's quarters were nearby, so he hoisted the man over one shoulder, carried him there, and deposited him on the bed. As he left he closed the door and sealed it shut with a quick beam of frost magic, then went in search of the others.
    DM
    Admin

Post by DM Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:26 pm

[quote]
    Brandy Tealeaf wrote:Brandy charges up her electrical forme, hoping it will protect her from the worst of the damages and asks Mellin to act as her torch as best he can.

She tries rooting through the turbines with her wee fingers, seeking to dislodge whatever is in them without squashing herself in the process. Brandy finds the turbines large enough and the fans far enough apart that she can climb in behind them. Finally her size is an advantage when magma is not involved. She clears the turbines, quick to hop out of the way before the fan blades chop her up into tiny pieces and hops down to mop up the quicksilver. Before she can reach it Mellin has scuttled across the floor and begins downing it in great quantities. Slurping it down he seems happy so she leaves him to his meal.

The tiny watch strap looked interesting enough, and like it had no place being wired up. Brandy pulls hard the on the device and snaps it away from all the wires it's on. It's Far too big to go on her arm, she uses the wires that came along with it to fashion it into a sort of sash.

Scooping up Mellin she tries to reattach the wires that came out by roughly plugging same coloured things into same coloured things and making sense of the jigsaw infront of her.

As the device touched  brandy's skin the ship around her dissapeared in psychedelic glowing pattern. A tide pulls her along like a rainbow river in the rapids of this chronoglogical torrent flashed glimpses of different time periods. Some of the images are familiar like the deck of the reliant as it leaves dry dock, the prison of nera. There are also less familiar sights great void ship battles destroying entire planes and thousands of voidships, A huge version of the creature that destroyed irryviek with an entire world living on its head. The tide pulled brandy towards one particular image, the steps of her monastry.
    Brandys tiny form is shot through the image and theres a distinct smell of burnt metal as she pops out and tumbles head first into a large bush.

cleaning her self off brandy peered out of the bush and saw a short elven man and a short halfling woman carrying a crying child wrapped in a white and blue cloth walking towards the monastry. as they reached the steps the halfling tuned to the elf looked up as tears rolled down her cheek.

"We have to do this Valeyria. our little one isnt safe with us and she is destined for great things." the elf said reassuringly clearly fighting back tears of his own
    "I know we do but I just wish there was some way we could explain to our child why we had to leave her in this place, its just not fair!" the halfling screamed hysterically
    the elf put his arms around the halfling and closed his eyes to escape the sight of her tears.

A loud creak cut through the scene and the doors to the monastry were swung open. framed in the doorway was a tall old human man with a long grey beard and flowing white hair  clad in white and cream robes. He slowly aproached the couple "give her to me it is time you leave quickly it isnt safe even now agents are searching for this child afraid of the change she will bring."

The couple bowed low and placed the child on the bottom step and silently turned and walked away leaving behind a trail of tears.

Salt wrote:Salt was about to set off after Brandy towards the engines when a strange contraption burst catastrophically into the corridor. Struggling to keep his feet Salt wondered idly how much more punishment the poor Defiant could endure. He glanced back at Ishmael and Ulam.

"Someone should probably go help Brandy. I'll handle this thing."

He advanced, cautious but curious, magical energy gathered in a palm. The machine coughed and rattled. Its occupant was silent. As the void whale jolted the ship that occupant's arm dropped into Salt's view, and he saw his own name emblazoned on it. More images assaulted his subconscious. The announcement's words, "chronological anomalies detected on lower decks," echoed in his ears.

"Well that sure is something," he said, then roughly grabbed the unconscious man and dragged him from the wreck. Salt's quarters were nearby, so he hoisted the man over one shoulder, carried him there, and deposited him on the bed. As he left he closed the door and sealed it shut with a quick beam of frost magic, then went in search of the others.

Salt stormed down the stairs to the lower decks quickly grappling hooking over the gouges in the deck and making it to the engine room in record time. The engine room was empty apart from a large fire ball licking its fingers. mellin spotted salt and lets out a large belch of foul smelling flame curled up and took a nap on the floor. The engines are  turning over quickly and the shield generators display flashes with an alert

--energy levels nomimal reboot gallar feild? y/n --

"no no no i dont wanna get up yet" the fire ball muttered in response to the beeping alert

Last edited by DM on Wed May 02, 2018 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Brandy Tealeaf

Post by Brandy Tealeaf Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:05 pm

Mellin licked his fingers, belched blue flame and smoke and stared like a moth near a campfire at the swirling nebula entering the room. Looking around to hide in a familiar pocket he couldn't see Master. Instead he spotted his own reflection in the glossy metal wall opposite and realised he had grown to be several feet across from his latest meal. He flattened himself against the floor, making a measly attempt to look like a real fire instead of his normal shape far too late after Salt would have noticed him.

--- Meanwhile ---

Brandy stared open mouthed at the scene around her. Unknown if she could be seen she slowly slipped away behind a nearby pillar and then scaled one of the old statues where she remembered the old sentry's couldn't see. She saw the couple, saw their weird costumes and noted how desperately out of place they looked. They appeared as if they had only read about the local costumes but never seen one. Everything was off, somehow.
    Salman was not himself. She could smell him from here, but he was in this frail shape of an old man. Brandy didn't like it one bit. This dream was not her normal and she had had enough. She fumbled with the weird device, screwing up her eyebrows trying to work out how it had put her to sleep and if she could get it to stop.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 7:45 am